Monday, December 6, 2010

10-10-10 = CRUISE

Top 10 Reasons Why We Need to Take a Roommate Cruise:

#1: "Almost Paradise! Knockin' on Heaven's Door. Almost paradise, how could we ask for more?" (Checkout that arm muscle! Thank you to Jillian's 30-day Shred)

#2. This was my view while I was running on the track on the top of the cruise. Blessed Catalina Island. I like you. Kind of a lot a lot.

#3. When you don't pack for cool-ish weather, Catalina provided me with the sweat pants and sweatshirt I wore pretty much everyday for the rest of the week. Even though I sat in someone else's cigarette nastiness and got stains on them on day 2. (Gross.) This is Tina. Not me. :)


#4. Haven't you always wanted to walk on water?


#5. No make-up. All week long. Oh, and meet Butch. He's the real attractive guy on my right. Our ocean-kayaking tour guide. Pretty sure he is lusting after me in this picture. We may have seen some sea lions and cool orange fishies.

#6. You get to dress up all fancy for "Mom Prom." The best part is watching all the losers, I mean weirdos, I mean fellow cruisers get their pictures taken as if they were at prom. Oh so funny!


#7. A day at a resort came with the complete package: pools, hot tubs, massages, ping pong table, ocean, lunch . . . all precluded by a wonderful visit to a Mexican museum. My comment on the Comment Card? "More sun, less museum."


#8. If you are really lucky, and you have some AMAZING friends who live near the port of the cruise, you get to visit this little guy when you're done. Go Elisabeth. Go Tyler. Go Luke.


#9. best.people.watching.ever. This guy was my boyfriend. I know you're jealous!


#10. Towanda loved it. (If you look real close you can see the cigarette stains on the sweats. How embarrassing.) Towanda ESPECIALLY loved all the food. Basically all we did was eat. With other things on the side. And it's all FREE! Want some hot cocoa late at night? Ok! Want some fresh fruit for an in-between-snack snack? Ok. Want some pizza after lunch? Ok. Want some warm chocolate melting cake every night for dessert? Ok ok ok!!!!Oh, and the hot stone massage on our last night was the BEST thing I could have ever done. Really. If your husbands need ideas on what to get you from Christmas, I more than highly recommend. Worth every cent.

So, what do you say? Roommate + spouses cruise in 2011? We could go somewhere exotic. Or not exotic, if you want. Think about it.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I'm in. Even though I might throw up.

Unknown said...

I would love, love, love to!! But I am pretty sure we are still going to be too poor in 2011...maybe we can join in another one like 2016??

Unknown said...

PS Do those numbers not look like something you would have read in like Brave New World...I can't believe we are already almost in 2011!!