
I'm really not quite sure how to even start or what to say. How do you memorialize someone who grew up with you, every step of the way? Lindsey was my bosom sister. My mom said it best earlier today when she said Linz and I had the "Hyrum and Joseph" relationship of the family. (Does that make sense? I hope.) We were just about as opposite as two sisters could be. She the daring, fun, outspoken tom-boy, and I the quiet nerd. :) We were friends when we were younger, but sometimes our differences clashed. Our relationship truly grew into what it is now as we became older and realized we needed each other. Where I was weak, she was strong. When she needed a practical side, she turned to me. When I needed to lighten up and relax, I turned to her. She was my best friend and has left a hole in my heart that I'm not sure can ever be filled. Here's to the sister I had pillow talk with every night for who knows how many years of my life. Here's to the sister who knew my every weakness, but chose to only point out my strengths. Here's to a little sister who I looked up to more than she will ever know. Here's to the bond of sisterhood that cannot be broken by death. Here's to Linz. My llama loving, "woof" speaking sister who is completing her mission on the other side of the veil. How will we survive? I know not, except I DO know the Lord. I know the comforter probably more than I should. I know that through the atonement, Christ can and will heal my broken heart. I know that while Lindsey and I are bound by sisterhood, we are also bound eternal covenants, and those will never be severed. If I can hope to carry on Lindsey's legacy I can hope to see her again. I must try harder, I must do better. I know where she is right now, and if I have any chance of seeing her again I'm going to need a lot of work. These words don't do justice, nor will words ever pay the appropriate tribute to someone who figured out life a lot quicker than the rest of us. Lindsey, I love you - your memory will never be forgotten, and your legacy will live on.

"Have you ever imagined life beyond today? I have, and you know something? Its a wonderful image. Believe in the greater cause that is this life, and remember God will always take care of you, as I have seen Him take care of me. Regardless of my many inadequacies."
-Lindsey Spjute
6 comments:
Beautiful Alicia. It made me cry. Your steadfastness has always amazed me and continues too. Experiences like this show our truest commitment to our beliefs. We love you lots and I have been thinking of you almost every hour of everyday for the past several days.
I love the quote by Lindsey, just amazing. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks Alicia, I cried also. Your family has so much faith and is doing so well. Thanks for your example. You are making me want to do better. We continue to pray for you, even Russell-
We love you!
Abbey, Russell, and Macey
I am not quite sure the words to say at this time except that you are such a strong person. I know it may not feel like it sometimes but the Lord knew you could bear this trial...terrible as it is. Your sister seems like a wonderful person and spirit and thank you for the a little bit of insight into yours and her special relationship. We all love you and our prayers are with you!!!
Alicia, you have always been such a wonderful example to me and you are now more than ever! What a great girl she must have been. Lindsey is right. Life IS wonderful because the Lord loves us and WILL take care of us as we continue to do our best. I love you!
Oh my.. What a week, huh? Know that you are loved so far beyond all these comments :) We're thinking of and praying for you. When you hurt, we hurt. She was an incredible girl, and I'm sure she looked up to you as much as you looked up to her.. You are the rock, but it's ok if you're not feeling strong all the time. We're hear for you, and always will be. Just as you have been for us. I love Lindsey, and I LOVE YOU ALICIA!
Oh Alicia. You have been and are in my thoughts and prayers so much. I know that nothing anyone says can take the hurt away. But I also have complete confidence in you and your relationship with the Savior to be able to carry on. I love you tons. Thanks for posting a bit about Lindsey--since I never met her it helped me to get to know her a little--I think wonderfulness runs in your family. Mua.
Post a Comment