Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Little Update . . .

Um hi. It's been forever. Tiff reminded me I never posted about England. Too much has happened since then . . . just know that it was amazing and life changing and if you are ever in town and have 27 minutes I'll show you the movie I made. Just make sure to bring some tissue cause it will make you cry. :)

I guess I'm taking more and more steps into becoming a Blom (Blog Mom) cause I used this photobucket thing. Hope it works. Hope you like it.




And an update on my madre: she is "an inspiration" in how she is handling her chemo. They are giving her bucketloads of the harshest chemo ever, and she looks amazing. The doctors and nurses tell her that everytime they see her. The tests performed after round 2 show a "mild improvement." Not as good as we would have liked to hear, but better than no improvement, so at this point we'll take what we can get. Oh, and don't worry, I'm 26 and just moved home. The sad thing about it all is that I'm loving it (don't tell anyone!) I get to put my car in the garage (no more scraping) and I have a room big enough to not only stand and stretch in, but I could even dance in it if I wanted. And all the food in the fridge and the pantry is fair game. I don't have to label anything. Wonderful.

I'm still waiting for Jaime/Jenn/Pinky to post pics of their visit - particularly our awesome date. And Jenn needs to tell us all how she GOT 2!!!!

5 comments:

katie said...

I love the pics darling, you look gorgeous! Someday we'll actually get to talk on the phone. :o)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update!!! If i ever come back to utah i will expect to see that movie!! Your mom is amazing and I am so happy for the improvement! You and Paul are adorable and make me happy! I love your Japanese socks...that is all ;)

Amber Marie said...

You and Paul look so happy and cute together in those pictures! Thanks for the update. I was just wondering yesterday how your mom was doing with all that chemo. Yuck. Glad to hear she is going through it with as much grace as one can and that they are seeing some improvement.

Love you lots,
wilsons

A Painted Diary said...

I miss you Alicia! When will the Texas reunion be?

You and Paul are sure cute.

J-me said...

Um. I am so sorry for not getting on this sooner. The pictures are great, and I really appreciate the update. Yes, you and Paul are so very cute.... how is that going? When does he go to Colorado? Um... one day I will figure out how to really post on this thing and make a post for myself. he he :) Love ya tons.