Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Job Stick . . .

A few months ago the fam was joking that we were hit by the Job stick (Job as in the in the old testament who gets trial after trial). Well, the stick still isn't broken and is still hitting. My dad was cutting down a tree in the back yard Saturday morning. The tree came down, but so did he - a good fifteen feet. He probably should have broken his back . . . we joke that Lindsey probably softened his fall. After spending all day in the ER with him, the doctors repaired his BADLY dislocated shoulder, and sent us with a referral to an orthopedic surgeon. (Not for sure if there will be surgery yet . . . ) My mom was at the hospital for some of it, but she had started round 5 of chemo on Monday and couldn't stay forever. The doctors were having a hard time deciding who the patient was (although she does look pretty good here). Moral of the story? Stay away from the Spjute's - we're cursed! :)

Oh, and I can't believe I'm posting a picture of me kissing, but just wanted to show proof that I am a true Aggie (it happened just a week before we broke up - good thing I got it taken care of before that happened!)

5 comments:

Alicia said...

ps - my parents would die if they new I released that pic of them - don't tell anyone! (And again, I can't believe I posted that picture of me kissing. What is the world coming to? Sorry if it grosses you out - maybe I'll remove it tomorrow if I have time.)

Unknown said...

don't remove it!! It is adorable!! Oh my gosh I am so out of the loop!!! Tiff got kissed :: Jenn has a boy :: and Alicia doesn't??? You guys need to keep this updated better!!! And Alicia you are an aggie??

Unknown said...

PS I am so sorry about your dad! But you guys aren't cursed just blessed with trials ;) Only the Spjutes and those lucky enough to be friends with them can handle it :)

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! You're a kisser! You kiss!

A Painted Diary said...

I feel out of it too. What is going on in the world of the sisters. You all need to post this week and explain/update us all about your lives.