Wednesday, May 20, 2009

He Purposed!!!

I got a text from a friend in Salt Lake this morning that said, "He purposed! We're getting married July 3rd! Hope you can come!" Pretty sure she meant to say "proposed." How embarrassing for her. I am grateful that when I get engaged I will know how to properly mass-text "proposed" to all my friends.

But, GUESS WHAT!!!! He really DID propose! To Jenn!!!! That's right Ladies and . . . . ladies (since hopefully there are no gentlemen on this site) our beloved Jenn is getting hitched! What a blessed day in the city! (Random phrase from high school . . . sorry.) Sigh. Another one bites the dust.

It was quite romantic. A little trip to the lake. A man down on his knee saying beautiful things and then popping the question. Sigh again. How did Jenn reply, you ask? Well, she said, "Yes! But have you asked my dad yet?" Don't worry, he had. She double checked.

So . . . wedding in Dallas sometime in August (still waiting for the final word on the date). Oh, and here are the pics for your enjoyment.

Jon, welcome to the Brethren of the Sisterhood. You are quite the lucky man, if I may say so.



9 comments:

Unknown said...

WOO HOO!!! Congrats Jen!!!! You look gorgeous and he looks lucky ;)

Darin and Shannon said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! JEN YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!! congrats!!!!

Anna said...

Alicia, i got that same text.

And Jen you do look amazing, I don't think I've ever seen you look so good. Congrats.

Oh and I hope you girls don't mind that I blog stalk, I just like you all a lot.

Amber Marie said...

Congrads Jen! You look beautiful. The ring is SO cool!!

katie said...

This is how I knew it was love: a few months ago I ran into Jenn at Stake Conference and we were catching up and I was asking how things were with Jon and she had that big smile "things are reaaalllly good" bit going on and then he came over to get her for something and she walked off with him without another word. No "good to see you" or "see ya later"--eyes only for Jon. And I watched them walk away and I smiled. Because I knew. It was romantical in its own little way. ;o)

katie said...

p.s i love your ring jenn!

A Painted Diary said...

Does that mean everyone is coming to
Texas? Please say the the wedding is at the end of August? Congrats Jenn!

Elisabeth said...

TEXAS REUNION!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't y'all just love love? Hooray for Jenn and Jon :) What a cool last name girl. I'm still learning how to spell it!

Crystal said...

Yes! Getting married is the best!