Sunday, September 12, 2010

Random Thoughts

I was watching Sleepless in Seattle not too long ago (does it mean anything if you watch that movie in Seattle and fall asleep in the middle of it?) :)

Anyway, remember how Dr. Fieldstone is talking to Sam (Tom Hanks) on the radio show about how his wife had died and she asks him what he's going to do now? His answer is perfect. And it describes my last almost 2.5 ish years:

"Well, I'm gonna get out of bed every morning... breathe in and out all day long. Then, after a while I won't have to remind myself to get out of bed every morning and breathe in and out... and, then after a while, I won't have to think about how I had it great and perfect for a while."

It's all about going through the motions. Which, if any of you have read Mockingjay, what Katniss says at the end about going through the motions is SO true. Not that I've ever had to kill people in the Hunger Games, I'm just sayin' . . .

So, for anyone out there who also doesn't have a perfect life, and maybe has some bad days (if you haven't read Crystal's latest post, you should go there now - love it!), here's to "going through the motions until they start to mean something." Tomorrow, I'm going to wake up at 5:44, make mush for my dad and I for breakfast, commute to work, take away a few kids' cell phones, drive home, make dinner, can salsa with my sister, try to get my nephew to say my name, and then go to bed. (With a few things in between all that. Like I'm sure I'll go to the bathroom somewhere in there. And brush my teeth.)

Anyway, there's my random thought for the day. That is all.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

keep up that breathing girl :) Love you!!!!

katie said...

one day at a time....keep your chin up. I love you lots. And I'm a little obsessed with the Hunger Games books after my 14 year old sis introduced me to them/ :o)

Crystal said...

Love you!

A Painted Diary said...

There is a great poem I will post soon as I find it, but it is about pushing a rock up a hill and then it rolls back down the next day and you do it again the next day. The point of the poem is that there is a moment where the rock stands still and that is the moment to savor what you are doing.

I'm coming in December to Utah and want to see you. It's been too too long.