Tuesday, April 1, 2008

You Asked For It!!!!


Amber, Katie - don't forget that you asked for this! You want drama? Girls, I'll give you drama. Some of you know about how the last 3 months of my life have been . . . . crazy? Dramatic? As Little Orphan Annie would say, "Yesterday was plain AWFUL!" I wish I could think of the right word . . . . Well, in no particular order, here are 10 reasons (plus 3) why my life is more dramatic than yours.
1. I can now diagnose bipolarism. Living with someone with said disease produces all sorts of drama. ie: Yelling, screaming, manipulating, and being locked out of your house on the coldest day of the year. And these don't even begin to describe the drama.
2. I have been called selfish, self-centered, rude, immature, competitive, inactive, desperate, a bad friend . . . . the list goes on.
3. I know how to live out of a suitcase for over 2 months. I am also very good at sleeping on couches (well, mostly Tina's couch - for 3 weeks) and mooching off bishopric members from previous wards (bless them).
4. I know what it feels like to have your best friends sneak you out of the house. It was an adventure - we felt like I was escaping from an abusive husband.
5. I know Utah's Renters Handbook inside and out.
6. I have friends in high places (I'm saying that in a non-conceited way). Bless Br. Larsen for not only putting me up in his house for a month, but for providing me hours of free legal work when I needed a lawyer to fix the dramatic roommate problem. (I won).
7. I am now really good at spring cleaning a house I haven't lived in (in other words, I've spent at least 15 hours cleaning a mess I didn't create - the mess included a dirty diaper that had been sitting on the living room floor for 2 weeks. Vomit.)
8. After waiting in my car in Lowe's parking lot off 4500 South for an hour for my date to pick me up on what was supposed to be an apology date, I was bugged. (Patrick, I mean Pooptrick, asked me out so he could apologize for the duck butt he's been. Yes, he was 61 minutes late.)
9. After being 61 minutes late, we spent the next 59 minutes doing his work errands he should have completed before picking me up. My family was in town from Japan and I was missing spending time with them to run around with him. Woof.
10. Said Patrick took me fly fishing. It was fun. I even got to touch a fish (it was a trout, and no, we didn't keep it).
+1. After fishing, boy began to drive us home. We were in Spanish Fork canyon. His car ran out of gas several miles before we were out of the canyon. Bless the nice man who picked us up when he saw 2 desperate people walking on the side of the road (bless him especially for not killing us)
+2. Remember how Patrick was supposed to apologize? He somehow forgot about it.
+3. The "forgotten" apology resulted in the worst dtr of my life. We mutually do NOT like each other right now.

Sometimes being single isn't all what it's cracked up to be! Before I end this dramatic tale I should let you all know that due to amazing friends I survived everything quite well, I only had a few meltdowns, and now that everything is resolved, life is GOOD!!!!! Love you all!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh...that is all i can say!! You poor thing...I don't know if I quite understand but whoever called you all of those mean names is insane because I have lived with you and you have been a wonderful roommate!!! And holy Pooptrick, run away from him!! What a mean-o!!! and why is your fam in japan??

Amber Marie said...

Yes, you need to explain a little more. As for the roommate I second Julia's comment- I have lived with you too and know they are completely psychotic to say those things. So what exactly happen? If you have time, do tell!

As for Pooptrick, I have dealt with one of those and you need to stay AWAY from him. Those types are all the same...Trust me! :)

katie said...

yesss. you came through for us. although i hate it that you have had such a yucky few months. that girl needs some serious professional help. glad to hear you won. as for that silly boy, ick. I'm glad he's gone. Better things are coming your way.

A Painted Diary said...

Alicia, you are amazing. I am doing a little blog for Macey, I can't say how often I will add to it, but there is one. Can you post the link on our site. http://themaceypay.blogspot.com/

Also, I only can post to the old sisterhood, can you help me?

Crystal said...

Abbey, I added Macey's page (darling) and sent an invite to your yahoo email address. Is that the right one? Anybody else want in?

A Painted Diary said...

thanks crystal!

Amber Marie said...

will someone please make sure to post pictures of elisabeth's wedding? i can't wait to see her beautifulness :)