Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Perfect Day . . .

Judges: "What's the perfect date?"
Miss America Contestant: "April 25th. It's not too hot, and not too cold. All you need is a light jacket!"

I dedicate this post to our beloved Crystal. Girl, you did the impossible - you're getting married!!!! Not only are you getting married, but you're getting married on the perfect day.

I remember when I met Crystal. We were little freshman living in the dorms on the top floor. I was her visiting teacher and we would often visit her moments before her grandparents would come to pick her up for Sunday dinner. (See, visiting teaching CAN bring blessings!!!!) Crystal would often run helter-skelter into our apartment - always leaving a huge smiles on our faces after she ran out the door, trying not to be late for class or work. I remember when she approached Tiff and I about living together. We were stoked. I didn't know a ton about Crystal (ok ok, I'm NOT the perfect visiting teacher) and I remember describing her to Abbey as, "super cute and fun and she always has lots of guys after her but she doesn't know it." So true. And boy am I grateful none of those other guys worked out. (Justin should be pretty grateful too.)

It was so great when Crystal and I were in the same major - I always considered myself lucky that we had classes together and could go on our nerd trips and watch CMT in the hotel. (I don't know why - we never watched CMT at home, but when we were on our nerd trips it was just tradition.)

My favorite Crystal quote? "Yep! Still a brick wall."

I need Crystal in my life because she keeps my head out of the clouds. Crystal does such a great job of never letting "girlie drama" interfere with her thoughts and feelings (I only wish I had let more of that rub off on me.)

Here's to the beautiful, curly-haired, gorgeouos, funny, amazing, pretty girl who loves country dancing, technology, gatos, Spanish, math, good tunes . . . oh, and Justin. Crystal - we are all blessed to have you! Can't wait til you move into my basement! ;)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

awww!!! what a tribute!!! i love you too Crystal :: just not as eloquently as Alicia!!

katie said...

yay for Crystal! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. :o)

Elisabeth said...

HOORAY FOR WEDDINGS!!! Hesperia or BUST, girl :) Don't you just love love?

Amber Marie said...

What a sweet post. Amen to it all! We will be thinking of you tomorrow Crystal (and Justin) :)

A Painted Diary said...

Congrats Crystal! I hope the wedding was wonderful!