Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Little Princess

I've always loved the movie, "A Little Princess." (The new-ish one - not the old one with Shirley Temple). Have you ever read the book? Obviously it's a quick read - it's been a couple years so I decided to pick it up again. (Well, I guess technically I'm listening to it while I drive/go to the gym, so I'm not picking up the book, just my iPod.) Anyway, it's full of these amazing gems - good quotes to apply to life, ya know? I heard this one yesterday and really loved it:

"When people are insulting you, there is nothing so good for them as not to say a word--just to look at them and think. Miss Minchin turns pale with rage when I do it, Miss Amelia looks frightened, and so do the girls. When you will not fly into a passion people know you are stronger than they are, because you are strong enough to hold in your rage, and they are not, and they say stupid things they wish they hadn't said afterward. There's nothing so strong as rage, except what makes you hold it in--that's stronger. It's a good thing not to answer your enemies. I scarcely ever do."

Amen, Sara Crew.

Coming Soon to a Blog near you: the BEST post ever. (Little sneak preview: "37 Reasons Why I love Connor +1 - Everything you say!" by a high school student. I LOVE my job.)

2 comments:

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

This is incredible. You are the strongest.

Crystal said...

Those are some good words of wisdom. Thanks for sharing.