I know you've been waiting and waiting for this. I was hoping to get it up on Valentine's day - guess I'm only 3 weeks late. How embarrassing. Here's the story behind this love note. I found the original hanging up in the wrestling room at school (I was taking a self-defense class - promise I NEVER wore a singlet!). I noticed it at the beginning of class and of course was dying with laughter. Sadly, I forgot to grab it on my way out. I told my roommate about how awesome it was, and we chuckled, but I was so sad because I couldn't remember all the juicy details. Fast forward 2 months, when the love note was long-forgotten. One of my students walks into class and says, "Hey Spjute, look what someone stuffed inside my locker." Lo and behold, it was THE NOTE! Oh blessed day! This one wasn't the original, but who cares? It's still got all the goods. Miranda saw it and tried to rip it up (apparently it was her friend that wrote it, and apparently some not-so-nice students made copies of it and put it every where. High schoolers can be so immature. But I am secretly grateful they did it. And you will be too once you read it. Promise.) I added a picture of it so you can see it in all it's glory (notice the tape from Miranda's ripping job). Not sure how a 16-year-old girl came up with all this, but number 11 is by far my favorite. I've got a shake for anyone who says all of these to her husband. One per day. 18 days (we tragically only have the first page of the love note). ENJOY! (Oh, and just so you know, they're not together anymore. I'm sure it was the end of the world when they broke up.)

37 Reasons Why I LOVE DYLAN [plus 1: everything you say]
- You make me feel like the most important person in the world when I'm with you.
- No matter what you can always make me smile.
- You love me for who I am and what I stand for.
- Your smile is like my safety. That doesn't make much sense, but it's the most comforting thing ever.
- You are an example to everyone around you, including me.
- You make school bareable and just a little hug can make my day.
- Every time you kiss me I get butterflies and sparks.
- Every time I kiss you, I feel so confident and cool.
- I know you will listen to everything I have to say and really care about it.
- You can sing! And you share the same love for music as me.
- You have the most impressive body ever. And it's adorable when you show it off to me.
- You make me feel needed.
- When a different guy does something as little as waving to me, you attack me with a super tight hug.
- Your laugh makes me smile, even if it wasn't really that funny.
- You are VERY funny and you know how to put me in a good mood.
- We kind of have the same religious views so I don't have to pretend that I believe in something that I don't.
- You can talk to anyone you meet very openly and comfortably.
- You are really mature for a sophomore boy. It's refreshing.
2 comments:
oh this actually makes my heart hurt a little- especially knowing they broke up. but it is funny. i got a letter like this one time from a BOY!! being in high school must be very entertaining sometimes!
I totally forgot that I never posted on this!! LOVED IT. LOVE DYLAN. Poor, poor lost soul whose life is probably ruined right now.. Those were the days.
Post a Comment