I have the perfect picture to go along with this post, which I'll add later.. I'm at work at the moment, and don't have a way to resize in. Blogger hates lifesize pictures apparently. So bear with me and wait patiently by your computers.
I was able to meet the strapping young fellow this past Saturday, at another wonderful display of pure BYU athleticism. Tyler and I made the long journey over during half time because I just HAD to meet him!! Alicia and I had coordinated this effort, and Patrick played right into it. After a long time of actually standing four people away from one another, yelling into our phones we looked up and thus began..
The first thing I noticed about Patrick was the way he made Alicia smile. We all know that girl can smile. But my word.. Her face must hurt! She was (is) grinning ear to ear and, dare I say, glowing with love. I mean like. He was very assertive, but not too assertive. He walked over, made conversation with Tyler while Alicia and I giggled for two seconds. He was very good natured, and seemed to be a BYU fan. He has incredible dimples you could probably fill with water and swim a family of four in. On both sides. So dreamy! He was just very happy, easy going, super comfortable to be around.. and he's very aware of Alicia. I don't know, it was a difficult venue to assess much further. I was very impressed. He's adorable, and he's man enough to let Alicia know he's interested in her. He's ASKING HER OUT ON REAL DATES.
Basically? I've got a really, really good feeling about this one. Hope that satisfies the lovely ladies of the Sisterhood. That's all I've got for now!
4 comments:
How embarrassing. Thank you, Pinky. You are too nice. She's right about the dimples - they're real cute. And the part about him being a real man is also good. And true. She didn't mention the part about him being shorter than me. But as far as I can tell, that is his only weakness. Non-awkward ankle biters are definitely ok. Now this is starting to sound like we're getting married - we haven't even kissed yet, so don't y'all go getting your hopes up. If I keep up my track record it will only last about 8 more days. We'll see.
my high school choir teacher was shorter than his wife. these things do happen sometimes.
elisabeth,
beautifully put. fantastic detail.
alicia,
good luck remember it's not so much in the way that you kiss but in the way you build up to that glorious, fireworks, life-altering,birds-singing...moment.
Aww...thanks elizabeth...i love this guy already!!! and alicia my mom is taller than my dad and they are a very handsome couple and made some dang good looking kids...so it can all work out ;) Gosh reading this blog makes me miss you guys lots!!
Post a Comment