
Slowly but surely we are all being lost to this great thing called love. "Don't you just love love?" Well, I know someone who does . . . Elisabeth and Tyler! In case you haven't heard the great news, they're tying the knot (the eternal knot, that is) on April 11th in the Salt Lake Temple. (By the way, I am writing this with Pinky's permission).
I received a phone call late Saturday night, not from Elisabeth's phone mind you, but from Tyler's (something I'll probably have to start getting used to). After I stopped jumping on the bed and screaming at the top of my lungs (my natural reaction of course) I had a more subdued thought run through my mind. "We lost her!" (Thanks to Jamie Bloom for that quote.) Don't tell Pinky, but for a few moments, I was sad. I was losing one of my best friends, and it didn't feel very good on my insides.
But I guess that's what I love most about the Sisterhood. Now would probably be the time when I say something really cheesy like, "I'm not losing my best friend, I'm just gaining another one!" But let's not go there. K? K. Tyler is great. I'm more than pretty sure he's a better half for Elisabeth than I am (yes, that's possible - it only took me and Pinky about 4 years to realize we really aren't that much alike) and he treats her the way he should. (Trust me, if he didn't treat her like a queen I would box him up side the head and then kick him while he was down.) He even knows how to buy a cute ring! I keep getting off on tangents . . . where was I? Oh yeah, what I love about the Sisterhood. We all have each other. When one of us gets a little preoccupied with something (mission) or someone (boy) there is always someone there to step in and pick up the slack. That's how it's always been, and that's how it always will be. Together, we can hold up the world, sometimes we just have to rotate who gets the heavier part.
While my moment of sadness truly only lasted a moment, I am SSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for our dear Pinky. Guess who I'm even more excited for? Tyler. He has NO idea that he just put a ring on the BEST and most amazing girl in the entire world. Maybe one day he'll know . . . but it might not be until the day you're all living in my basement. :) Tyler, welcome to the Brethren of the Sisterhood.
Oh, and enjoy the pics for your viewing pleasure - sorry if they're not rotated right, I'm not on my computer and have to rush off to guitar class. :)
4 comments:
Well said Alicia. I seriously love you guys. What would I do without you all! Congrats again Pinky!
congrats!!! Looks like you are so in love and that he treats you great :)
PS...alicia, you're taking guitar?? That is way cool :)
hurrah! congrats!
Post a Comment