- I never step on the shower drain. For some odd reason I watched the tv version of the movie "it" when I was little. It didn't make me afraid of clowns, however I was deathly afraid of the clown coming out of the shower drain, and to this day I have never set foot on a shower drain.
- I used to be deathly shy. Up until I was 17ish, if an adult talked to me, I cried because I was so shy and so afraid. How embarrassing. I've definitely come out of my shell.
- I love traveling. The embarrassing is that my first airplane ride didn't occur until I was 18 and went to NYC on a choir trip. It was also the first time I'd been east of Utah. Since then I've been to: DC, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Boston, Rhode Island, Albuquerque, Kansas, Missouri, Chicago, LA, Bermajillo (Mexico), Dallas, Oregon, (do I have to count Idaho and Wyoming?), Vegas, Casas Grandes (Mexico), Maine, and Canada (this weekend). Japan is coming this summer, however I still haven't hit Disneyland. I would have to say that one of the perks of being single is that I get to travel lots. :)
- I remember in the 6th grade on the playground talking with my friends at recess. We were all secretly telling each other what we wanted to be when we grew up. My "secret" was I wanted to be a writer (I'm a nerd and I read all the time). Well, that desire has not entirely left me. Who knows, maybe one day all of you will star in my book?!
- I don't know how to use a hammer. I taught shop for 2 years, but never learned how to use a hammer. We weren't allowed to use nails in my shop class in college, so I just never learned how. Don't tell my shop students - I learned to fake it.
- I've had five surgeries in my life but never spent a night in the hospital. No, I've never had cancer, just a lot of random ailments. My family calls me Beth (from Little Women) and one time we were discussing who we thought would be the first to die and I won. The vote was unanimous. Please bless I don't die too soon.
Keeping in touch with the girls of 78, Romantic Gardens, and 404... because we were roommates in the pre-existence.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Tag!!!!
So I FINALLY read Julia's blog from last November and saw that I was tagged. So, in no particular order, here are 6 things most people don't know about me:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are going to Japan!!!! That is my homeland ;) What part? For what? How long?? I want details!!! and you are pretty dang well traveled for doing it all in like five or so years :) also the clown thing is hilarious!!
Remember the Balls? Mel and Randy Balls? Dr. Ball (they finally dropped the 's') graduated from dental school and the navy sent him to Okinawa for a few years, so I'm going to visit them! It's going to be great. I figure since I have nothing to do for 3 months this summer, I might as well have an adventure. I'll be leaving in June and will be there for 3 weeks. Blessed teacher job. :) I wish I knew Japanese. Thanks to you and Amber, I DO remember how to hit someone on the booty and say "Konichi-WA!"
Alicia, I love you. And I've never seen "It" but I now have a fear of the shower drain as well.. Have fun in Canada this weekend, you world traveler you :)
I want to go. What freedom. I am slightly hooked to my small child who need nurishment from me 24 hours a day. I can barely go to the grocery store. I wish I could go to Japan!
Post a Comment