And now, ladies and gentlemen (um, I hope no gentlemen actually read this blog - that would be quite embarrassing) I present to you, (drumroll please) . . . . . . . . Tiff's FIANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meet Llyr. Llyr Christensen. (Pronounced Lear. And since I know you're all wondering, here's the story of his name (Tiff - correct me if I'm wrong) Llyr's dad went on a mission (can't remember where) and of course met some amazing people. He became so close with one person that he vowed he would name his first born son after this guy. Years later, enter Llyr's Mom (who was not present when the vow was made). She didn't want her son to be named after an airplane, so she found this alternate spelling, and was more than willing to comply with her husband's wishes. Hence: Llyr. Fun huh?!)
I have yet to meet Llyr in person, BUT he sounds completely normal (of course) and amazing (of course) on the phone. And before he knew Tiff is going to have 8 boys, he told me he wanted a big family. They are perfect. (And after I informed him he would only be having sons he stated, "I didn't want any daughters anyway!") He's turned Tiff into a true Cougar - not because he goes to BYU (which he does) but because he is a few years younger than Tiff. Go Tiff!!! (I've always said the younger ones have less baggage.) The best part about him? He loves Tiff. Kind of a lot. A lot. In fact, he loves her so much that he's willing to just do some independent study courses so he can follow her to Colorado. Pretty sure that is true love. :)
I did some stalking (thanks to Elisabeth for teaching how to stalk) and here are some pictures to help us all get to know Llyr a little better. :)
Apparently he likes to break things with his hands. Check out the hair cut - the classic "bumb cut." And Llyr must be good because if you take a close look at the old guy's face, he looks afraid, very afraid.
Told you he's a true cougar.
Apparently he likes to wear sweaters around his neck. And golf. And drink wine. (Tiff, have you seen this picture? Just making sure you know what you're getting into.)
Pretty sure anyone who can grow a mustache is either really cool, or a pedophile. We'll assume he's cool.
At least during times of homelessness he doesn't sleep on the park bench. Concrete is way better.
Llyr - you picked a good one! Welcome!!! (Oh, and the date is yet to be determined.)
6 comments:
Beautiful post. Beautiful. I can't wait to meet this Llyr. He must be a winner to choose Tiff!
AAAH! Yessss!! Congrats TIff!!!
Thanks for the intro Alicia!!! So so happy for you guys :) Congrats!!! and welcome to the cougar club Tiff ;)
congrads spiff!!! was he an athlete at the Y? you guys look adorable together. more pictures and details PLEASE!
Alicia, this post made me laugh so much. Camilla kept asking me, "what is funny mommy? mommy, why are you laughing?" it's good to laugh first thing in the morning, thanks!
hey this is Llyr everyone of the sisterhood, thanks for the shout out alicia, can't wait to meet you all, and respect the bum cut cuz fashion is cyclical
Congrats! I'm excited for you Tiff!
Post a Comment